Getting A Card
- Free cards are given to persons at least 5 years old meeting at least one of the following conditions:
- Resides, is employed, or owns a business in the city of Sunbury, Snydertown, or Jackson, Little Mahanoy, Lower Augusta, Rockefeller, Upper Augusta, or Washington Townships
- Has an Access PA sticker from another library
- Is a student or employee of Shikellamy School District or other schools in our service area
- All others must pay a $10.00 annual fee for library privileges
- Is a current donor to the library’s annual fund drive
- All card applicants must present a valid ID with current address
- All children 16 years of age or younger must have a parent/guardian accompany them to complete their card application, assuming responsibility for any materials borrowed; the parent/guardian must have a valid ID with current address
- The replacement fee for a lost card is $1.00
You must have your library card with you to check out materials or use the Internet. You are responsible for all materials checked out on your card. Please do not let other people use your card. When you apply for a card, you are agreeing that you will abide by our regulations and return materials on time. This allows everyone fair access to our materials. The library has the option of revoking library privileges to patrons who do not abide by library policies.
With the exception of videos, DVDs, and rentals, most library items may re renewed one time. Items with a waiting list may not be renewed. You may renew materials either over the phone, in person while at the library, or using your account from our Online Card Catalog. If the library is closed, you may return materials in the book deposit box located in the rear of the library. Videos and DVDs may only be returned when the library is open, please do not put them in the book box. Overdue items placed in the book box will still be charged for all fines owed. A record of these fines is kept by the library.
Fines & Fees
Books & Magazines $.25 a day
Adult Rental Fees for Books $.50 for 2 weeks
DVD Rentals are $.50 for 1 week.
DVD and VHS Tapes $1.00 a day
LeapPads $1.00 a day
Copier and Printouts $.25 per page $.50 for two sided
Color Copies are $.35 per side
Microfilm Reader Printouts $.50
Meeting Room Fees
Full community room – $75.00 per hour
Use of one multi-purpose section – $25.00 per hour
Non-Profit full community room – $25.00 per hour
Proctoring an Exam – $10 per exam, must call for an appointment
All computer users must have a Degenstein library card in good standing. Good standing means the library have been paid for lost materials, borrowed items are less than three weeks overdue, and outstanding fines do not exceed $3.00 Internet users must have read and signed our Internet Access Policy. Users under the age of 18 must also have a parent/guardian sign the form on their behalf. You must present your library card and sign up at the circulation desk to use an Internet computer.
You may use an Internet computer for a total of one hour per day. Use is limited to one person per computer. During peak usage periods, a staff member may need to ask you to limit your computer time. Reservations will be taken fro the next available time slot only and must be made in person. If you are not there at the designated time, the computer is considered available fro use by another. The cost for printing is 20 cents per page. All computers are turned off 15 minutes before closing time.
Please do not use any programs other than ones the library has already installed. You may not install your own. Games or files must be saved to a flash or thumb drive. Please note that the library uses a Windows program called SteadyState. This software removes all changes to the computer after any logoff or restart. This means that even if you save any files to the hard drive, they will NOT be there the next day. The library cannot be responsible for any files or work that you may lose because of this.
If Shikellamy School District is on a 2hr delay, the library will open at 10am. If Shikellamy School District is closed for the day, the library will open at noon, unless forecasts predict continued snow/ice/sleet throughout the afternoon.