Friends of the Library
Thursday, May 14 @ 7:00pm – Friends of the Library Meeting
Your membership brings you:
- Friends quarterly newsletter FEB 2020 (Read it Here)
- Notice of special events
- Used books sales
- Annual auction
- Monthly book club
- Other special events
Why does the library need the Friends?
- To focus public attention on the library
- To stimulate the use of the library’s services & resources
- To support the development of services & facilities for the community
- To energize community support for the library
- To raise funds to support library services
2020 Meeting & Activities Schedule
- 38th Annual Auction – A Mexican Fiesta, Saturday, March 21, 2020 @ 5:00pm
- Book Sale – Apr 23 – 25, 2020
- Thursday, May 14 @ 7pm – Meeting
- Thursday, August 13 @ 7pm – Meeting
- Thursday, November 12 @ 7pm – Meeting
Friends Book Club
The Book Club is an informal group that meets on the last Thursday of each month at 2:30 pm, except for the months of July, August, and December. Friends, members and the public are welcome.
Book Selections 2019-2020
- September 26 I, Eliza Hamilton by Susan Holloway Scott
- October 31 The Big Burn by Timothy Egan
- December 5 The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris
- January 30 Thomas Jefferson, the Art of Power by Jon Meecham
- February 27 Mrs. Lincoln’s Dressmaker by Jennifer Chiavernini
- March 26 Still Life by Louise Penny
- April 30 Dinner in Camelot by Joseph Esposito
- May 28 Welcome to the World, Baby Girl by Fannie Flagg
Friends Book Sorting
The Friends of the Library will be sorting book donations on the 2nd & 4th Thursday of every month. Please join us!
Degenstein Library Hometown Collectible
The Friends would like to remind you that The Degenstein Community Library facade Hometown Collectible is still available at a cost of $10.00.
Want to be a Friend?
Please complete the Membership Form in our brochure and return it to the address shown below.
Friends Of The Library
PO Box 145
Sunbury, PA 17801
Email: Friends of the Library
- JoAnn Long – President
- Lana Gulden – Vice President
- Judi Sloditskie – Secretary/Treasurer
- Lana Gulden – Membership Committee Chair