Come Join the Friends of the Library
Friends of the Degenstein Library was established in 1996 to help educate the community about the needs of the library and enrich its’ resources and facilities. Your time and annual dues help the Friends continue to provide this vital support. Please help us keep the library a growing part of our community.
Your membership brings you:
- Friends quarterly newsletter MAY 2017 ( Read It Here )
- Notice of special events
- Used books sales
- Annual auction
- Monthly book club
- Other special events
Why does the library need the Friends
- To focus public attention on the library
- To stimulate the use of the library’s services & resources
- To support the development of services & facilities for the community
- To energize community support for the library
- To raise funds to support library services
2017 Meeting Schedule
- May 11, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.
- August 10, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.
- November 9, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.
Friends Book Club
The Book Club is an informal group that meets on the last Thursday of each month at 2:30 pm, except for the months of July, August, and December. Friends, members and the public are welcome.
Book Selections 2016/2017
- May 25, 2017–The Invisibles: The Untold Story of African American Slaves in the White House, Jesse Holland
Friends Book Sorting
The Friends of the Library will be sorting book donations on the 2nd & 4th Thursday of every month. Please join us!
Degenstein Library Hometown Collectible
The Friends would like to remind you that The Degenstein Community Library facade Hometown Collectible is still available at a cost of $19.00.
Want to be a Friend?
Please complete the Membership Form in our brochure and return it to the address shown below.
Friends Of The Library
PO Box 145
Sunbury, PA 17801
Email: Friends of the Library firstname.lastname@example.org
- JoAnn Long – President
- Lana Gulden – Vice President
- Judi Sloditskie – Secretary/Treasurer
- Lana Gulden – Membership Committee Chair