The Degenstein Community Library values reading, education, and lifelong learning. We recognize that children learn through experiences, opportunities, and formal education. The Degenstein Community Library encourages a love of reading, but also offers a number of events and programming for children to develop literacy, social, and motor skills. Our Family Place component builds on the knowledge that good health, early learning, parental involvement and supportive communities play a critical role in young children’s growth and development.
Please see our calendar of events for a listing of all programming.
- Preschool Learning Books
- Large Collection of Picture Books
- Learning to Read Books (graduated reading levels)
- Large Collection of fiction and nonfiction
- Book and Tape Sets
- Children’s Magazines
- Educational Computer Games
- Internet Use (with parental approval)
- Early Literacy iPads to be used in the library – preloaded with 80 apps
- LeapPads to Borrow & for in library use
Toddler Story Time is geared toward children ages 1 – 2 years. A story and activities are part of each session. This Story Times is held on Fridays at 10:00 am.
Preschool Story Time is designed for children ages 3 – 5 years. A story and activities are part of each session. This Story Time is held on Wednesdays at 10:00 am.